Your Ad Here

Welcome To Kenjero's Site

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

20 Things I Would Like To See In My Lifetime


Still Talking

By: Enrico Miguel T. Subido


Here is a list of some of the things I would like to see happen during my lifetime. Some of them are real things that we can actually accomplish ( and, in fact, have the necessary and adequate resources for), and some of them are just creations of my overactive imagination. But I would like to see them all, anyway. So here we go, in no particular order:

1.A Varitech fighter or a Gundam Suit.

For all you Japanimation people out there, you know exactly what I'm talking about-big robot fighters that can be piloted. In the cartoons they were used to fight wars, but I was thinking more along the lines of using them for furthering our space exploration program.

2.A battle between Ultraman and one of those big space monsters.

I would especially like to see this battle in the central business district of Makati. Then I want to see Ultraman's finishing move-that ray beam that comes out from his hands when he crossed them.

3.Readily available mutant powers for everyone

Imagine on day being invisible,and then next day being able to morph. Or being super-telekinetic and being able to know exactly what any girl is thinking,and then surprising her by taking to her about exactly what's on her mind.

4.Alternate forms of energy being the standard.

We are burning too many fossil fuels at a building rate and it's not doing much good for the environment. We have perfect sources of natural energy-solar, hydro, geothermal, all of that. Let's make that the standard and save some Earth for the children.

5.A teleportation devices.

Somehow,the idea of de-materializing and re-materializing somewhere else in the world appeals to me. It, however, should be glitch-free. I don't want to re-materialize with an extra limb sticking out from the side of my head.

6.A huge economic appreciation of the Philippine peso.

Our peso is doing better as of late, but it can be better. I don't know how long it'll take,but I want it to happen in my lifetime. I want to see the day when one 100 peso bill can take care of the tab for a whole month at The Ritz.

7.The turn of Atlantis.

I'm not talking about having a figurative renaissance of literature and the arts; I want to see Atlantis rise to the surface of the ocean, flying clamshells and everything.

8.A Philippine World Cup Victory.

The World Cup just ended and I do want our football team to get somewhere. Hard work and perseverance ( and government funding please ), should be enough to get you there, boys!

9.A clean Pasig River.

I remember my mom telling us of how the Pasig used to be so clean that you could take a nice leisurely boat ride and that people could swim and bathe in ti. Well, people till do, but now they risk getting some kind of incurable diarrhea. I don't want that for them.

10.The Yeti, Nessie and A Tianak.

Okay, first of all I've never seen snow and Tibet, so seeing the Yeti there when I take a holiday there should be cool. “Nessie” (or the Loch Ness Monster) I just want to see for confirmation. And she's the closet thing to the idea of dinosaurs we have today. Tianaks, on the other hand, are the scariest muthas ever. I just have to ess one.

11.Drinks that you can regulate.

You know how sometimes, when you order a drink, they make it too weak? Well, I want to see a device that holds the drink (like a glass) and analyzes the types of alcohol you're drinking. Then, on the device would be a meter that you could tweak to make your drink stronger or weaker. Well, stronger, actually; bars here put too little gin in their gin tonics.

12.Organic food becoming the standard.

Okay, we all know that organic is the better and healthier option, but the things is, time are hard and organic food prices just don't make the decision an easy one. So the government should revamp their food committee and make it one that revolves around organic food.

13.Time travel.

When I saw a De Lorean flying through time in the Back to the Future movies, I knew that time in the Back to the Future movies, I knew that times travel was one of the things I would look forward to. I want to especially go back to the time of the dinosaurs and come back with the egg of a Stegosaurus. Then when it's big and all, I'll train it and it around town.

14.Patching up the hole in the ozone layer.

This global warning/greenhouse effect issue is a looming one. It's one of those “domino effect” things: when one thing happens, another does, and then the ozone layer is open, and the ice caps melt, and then shorelines rise until the earth is just made covered in constant tsunamis. Get the point? Let's patch that hole up really quick.

15.Photosynthesis for humans.

Photosynthesis is the process by which plants use the sun's power and chlorophyll to make their own food. Imagine a device that, like a plant , runs on the sun's power and some kind of synthesized chlorophyll to create food for humans. I want to see that. It would be a box or an oven-style contraption hat you program (for what food you want) and just leave under the sun. After a few minutes, and depending on the intensity of the sun, you have a meal. This could greatly help in ending world poverty.

16.My presidency/emperor/overlord-ship of the world.

Trust me, I know what to do. I can fix things. Just as long as I have total control of absolutely everything in the world.

17.The Midgard Serpent.

This is a mythological creature that is supposed to be the guardian of the ocean. The Midgard Serpent is said to be so big that it can line the bottom of the ocean if it spreads out. To put it to scale, a Midgrad Serpent tooth is Probably the size of the Empire State Building.

18.Peace between man and machine.

Okay, if we really do live in the Matrix, that's okay with me, I'll still be ignorant and it's fine. But I would still like to know the truth. So a gateway between both worlds should be access this opening, let use it to create peace with the machines.

19.No wars.

Between anyone. There's something a-brewing in the Middle East and this recent report of missiles being fired in the area of Korea just freaks me out. I do not want to see or experience a war. War is stupid.

20.All the girls who have ever posed for UNO magazine at my house, tonight.

If ya'll can't make it tonight then I've got a whole lifetime ahead of me to wait.

Peace out, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home